In order to exit Print Version to Website Graphic Interface, please click HERE
Default colour schemeChange colours for higher contrastChange colours for High contrast
Latest News

How to Extend

Home - Information Centre- Brief Introduction to Chinese Visa - How to Extend
How to Extend Your Visa?

Theoretically you should be able to get an extension by simply visiting the Public Security office in any Chinese town, and filling out a visa extension form. However, Chinese visa officers can be remarkably pragmatic. Depending on your luck it may simply involve filling out a visa extension application form, or they may demand some sort of "evidence" to support your application. This may include a plane/train ticket, or a letter from a Chinese friend/company. Some Public Security (Police) departments will require a letter explaining the reason for your wish to extend the visa. You may have to gain the help of a Chinese friend to write a letter explaining the reasons for you extended stay in China. The process of applying for and extending visas is becoming a lot easier, but depending on where you go it can still be a confusing and frustrating experience. Please note that a tourist visa is only extendable up to a maximum of 90days, after which you must leave the country.

w3c aaThis site uses valid CSS - Opens in a new windowValid XHTML 1.0 Transitional